Our approach is to intimately get to know your loved one as an individual – his or her personality, past profession and lifestyle, and preferences for a daily routine. With this knowledge we can treat the symptoms of your loved one’s disease with unique programming and redirection, rather than relying on medication.
When new residents move into our community, we work with their doctors to establish a plan for weaning them off antipsychotic medications whenever possible. When behavioral challenges arise, our caregivers are trained in gentle techniques to redirect and comfort residents in ways that don’t involve medications. This is different from other communities, where medications are often used as interventions. The American Healthcare Association has identified the reduction of antipsychotic medications as a priority. We are also committed to this goal.
Neighborhood Services & Amenities
With over 25 years of experience in Alzheimer’s care, Senior Living Residences’ communities offer families what you value most – care you can trust. We take a holistic approach that is focused on all of the needs that every person has – not just physical but emotional, spiritual, social and intellectual. Your loved one will be supported and nurtured in our intimate neighborhood with a high staff-to-resident ratio offering lots of personal attention and individualized care.
- Supportive secured neighborhood with specialized design features
- Full-time Compass Program Director (a Certified Dementia Practitioner)
- 24-hour Resident Care Associates specially trained in Alzheimer’s Care
- Overnight awake staff cares for residents who have trouble sleeping and conducts overnight safety checks for all residents
- Personalized Wellness Care Plan, developed with family and physician involvement, is monitored and revised to meet the changing needs of individuals with memory impairment
- Individual assistance with Daily Living Activities includes dressing, bathing, evening care, and reminders and escorts to meals and activities
- Self-Administered Medication Management Service with medication delivery from the pharmacy of your choice
- Three meals daily featuring selections from our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program
- Daily bed making and weekly housekeeping
- Weekly personal laundry and linen service
Supervised Outings in our Limo Bus
For people with memory loss staying connected to the world is important. That’s why your loved one will enjoy regular outings – both stimulating and relaxing – courtesy of our Limo Bus.
- Sightseeing tours
- Trips to local parks for picnics and walks
- Dining and shopping excursions
- And more!
Additional Optional Services
We want your loved one to be able to age in place comfortably in our Compass Memory Support Neighborhood® as his or her memory loss progresses. We offer an array of enhanced services, for an additional fee, that will help achieve this goal:
- Additional personal care services to meet changing needs
- Nurse-Administered Medication Services available on a limited basis
- Assistance with nutrition and pureed diets
- Continence support program
- Additional housekeeping and laundry services as needed
You Mom or Dad will also have access to an array of lifestyle and pampering services located within our communities:
- Full Service Salon offering cut, color, styling and manicures, as well as barber services for men, managed by professional hair stylists and beauticians
- Guest meals and catering for special occasion family dinners in our private dining room
When you visit please ask about our additional available optional services.