Updated January 2022
How we handle cases of coronavirus at SLR communities
This continues to be a challenging time, and we continue to be vigilant.
Our Protocol for Handling Resident Cases
- If a resident exhibits Covid symptoms we contact the resident’s family and physician immediately. We follow the physician’s directions with respect to emergency room visits, hospitalization, Covid-19 testing and care.
- If a resident’s physician or a hospital confirms the presence of Covid the resident is treated in accordance with their direction and that of local public health authorities.
- When Covid-positive residents are cared for in the community (with symptoms awaiting a test result, with a positive test result and no/mild symptoms, or discharged from the hospital but still symptomatic), they are treated under “full precautions”, meaning that personnel who enter the apartment are garbed in full Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) that includes a gown, mask, gloves, goggles and booties.
- A new resident moving in who has had a Covid diagnosis, symptoms or recent direct exposure must be cleared of and/or deemed “recovered from” Covid-19 following CDC guidelines. Please review our Move-In Guidelines for specific details on the CDCs test-based and symptom-based strategy.
Our Protocol for Handling Associate Cases
- All associates starting their work day undergo our daily health screening which includes taking their temperature.
- If an associate has an elevated temperature or exhibits any symptoms of Covid, we send them home and urge them to see their health care provider to determine next steps.
- If an associate has a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19, we are following both state and CDC guidelines on when healthcare personnel are allowed to return to work.
Our Universal Infection Control Practices
We continue to be intensely focused on infectious disease prevention and mitigation targeted at the specific threat of Covid-19. Visit this page for more specific information.
We continue to follow state guidelines on visitor restrictions. Please visit the community’s “Visitor Guide” page for specific details.
Assisted Living offers a very safe place for seniors who are being discharged from the hospital or living at home alone. Our move-in guidelines are designed to protect everyone’s safety.