Diet, Aging and Memory
The science is beyond dispute that healthful eating offers tremendous benefits throughout our lives, and can play a major role in maintaining our cognitive health as we age. In fact, recent studies have shown that changes in diet even very late in life can still offer protection for the brain, and has even been attributed with slowing down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Old habits, however, are hard to break. And as we age shopping, cooking and eating healthy meals have their challenges, especially if we live alone.
These helpful resources may inspire your elderly patients and clients to embrace a healthier way of eating.
We also offer two CE-credit courses for professionals on brain boosting eating, based on the healthful flavors of the Mediterranean.
Here are some helpful resources:
- Download this e-book covering everything you need to know to cook brain healthy meals for one person
- This shopping list features brain healthy ingredients
- The Mediterranean Diet Pyramid (created by Oldways) is a great visual guide of what to eat
- BrainHealthyCooking.com has information and recipes for every meal and plenty of snacks and desserts, too
- Download this brochure about the Mediterranean Diet featuring 8 simple steps to healthful eating