Last December, the first holiday season that Cornerstone at Milford was open, our staff came up with a wonderful way to give back to our greater community. We created Stockings for Seniors, a program that joins together area businesses and organizations to create holiday gifts for Milford area seniors. We didn’t realize it then, but we surely started a new tradition.
With the help of local businesses, organizations and eldercare professionals, this year we were able to donate more than 70 stockings filled with useful items from socks, mittens and beauty care products to stamps, batteries, band aids and gift cards. Stockings will be delivered during the week of Christmas by the Milford Senior Center to seniors in and around the Milford Area!
Thank you to the following individuals, local businesses and organizations who donated time, funds and/or materials:
- Cornerstone at Milford Assisted Living, Compass Memory Support
- Ruth Anne Bleakney Senior Center
- Tri Valley, Inc.
- Law Offices of Heaney and Small, LLP
- The Reservoir Center for Health and Rehabilitation
- Department of Developmental Services, Milford, MA
- Milford Area Chamber of Commerce
- Always Best Care
- BrightStar Care
- Genesis Health Care- Milford Center
- Seniors Blue Book
- VTA Entertainment
- Countryside Health Care of Milford
- WB Mason
- Northwestern Mutual: Life Insurance and Financial Planning
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Right At Home
- Milford Regional Medical Center
- Re/Max Real Estate
- Dr. F. Farooq
- Circle of Care Services
- Golden Pond
- Family Care Plus
We are so fortunate to be a part of a community that comes together to support one another. Stockings for Seniors brought together families and friends, partners and vendors, co-workers and competitors, to support a worthy cause. I believe that this is a tradition that has staying power and will grow to support even more seniors in our community and beyond.
Executive Director, Cornerstone at Milford