Family Visiting Guidelines at Methuen Village
Families can schedule visits with their loved ones inside the resident apartment or in our designated visiting spaces during our set visiting hours, as long as we do not have any cases of Covid-19 in the community. Should our community have an active case of the virus, we may need to limit some visits, such as in-apartment visits, and adjust our Visiting Plan accordingly. All families would be notified. At all levels of visitation, compassionate care visits are considered essential and will be allowed. (This includes but is not limited to visits for anyone on active end-of-life hospice care, and for new residents who need assistance moving into a community).
Visits must be scheduled in advance, so please use the button below to sign up. We recommend that any guests visiting together are from one household.
Methuen Village Current Visiting Hours
- Monday: 1:30-4:30 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 10:00-11:00 am and 1:30-4:30 pm
- Friday: 3:30-6:30 pm
- Saturday: 10:30-11:30 am
- Sunday: 10:00-11:00 am and 1:30-4:30 pm
Since the beginning of this pandemic, we have been committed to doing everything we can to minimize any spread of Covid-19, and we continue to strive to provide the safest care possible for our residents. It is equally as important that we do all we can to maintain some form of family visit schedule for as long as possible, even as we see cases of coronavirus on the rise across the country. Inside the community, we have visiting guidelines and infection control practices in place to help keep everyone safe. Outside of the community, we rely on you! We do want to stress the importance of wearing face masks and practicing social distancing. Right now, these are the best things we all can do to help keep our family, friends and neighbors safe.
Please note: Due to the state-mandated travel ban, if you are traveling to MA from another state other than those deemed low risk, you are asked to self-quarantine for a two-week period or produce a negative Covid test. More information can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
In order to keep them safe for everyone, we are asking that families please adhere to the following state-mandated guidelines:
- Visits need to be scheduled in advance.
- Guests will be escorted when they are inside the community; This also means that when you are ready to leave you will need to call our front desk and someone will meet you at your loved one’s apartment.
- All visitors will be screened for fever or respiratory symptoms; At your screening, we will also collect contact information from each visitor, in the event that we need to contact you later because of any potential exposure to the virus.
- Any individuals with symptoms of Covid-19 (i.e., fever equal to or greater than 100.0 F, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgia, chills or new onset of loss of taste or smell) will not be permitted to visit with a resident.
- If any resident is not feeling well, we will ask you to reschedule your visit. A resident who is suspected or confirmed to be actively infected cannot be visited, although you may visit any resident who has recovered.
- Face masks must be worn for the duration of the visit. All visitors must remain at least six (6) feet from the resident and attending staff member(s) at all times during the visit.
- If any visitor develops symptoms within 48 hours of their visit, they must report these symptoms to us immediately so that we can institute contact tracing measures.
Everyone’s safety, including yours, your loved ones’ and our associates’, will remain our highest priority throughout these visits. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us!
Plan a Virtual or In-Person Tour of our Community
During these unprecedented times, we continue to work with families and our professional referral partners to accommodate seniors who have an immediate need for a more supportive living arrangement.