Family Visiting Guidelines at Methuen Village
At Methuen Village, families can visit with their loved ones inside the resident apartment during our set visiting hours. Because we cannot yet have family visits in our community common spaces, we have also created an outdoor visiting space which is sanitized between visits for families to meet in a safe, physically distant way.
Visits must be scheduled in advance, so please click the above button to sign up. We recommend that any guests visiting together are from one household.
Due to the state-mandated travel ban, if you are traveling to MA from another state other than ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, NJ, or HI, you are asked to self-quarantine for a two-week period or produce a negative Covid test.
Current Visiting Hours
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays – 10:30-11:30 am and 1:30-4:30 pm
- Fridays 10:30-11:30 and 1:30-6:30 pm
- Sundays 1:30-4:30 pm
In order to keep them safe for everyone, we are asking that families please adhere to the following state-mandated guidelines:
- Visits need to be scheduled in advance.
- Guests will be escorted when they are inside the community; This also means that when you are ready to leave you will need to call our front desk and someone will meet you at your loved one’s apartment.
- Inside the community, all visits must take place inside the resident’s apartment.
- All family visitors will be screened for fever or respiratory symptoms.
- At your screening, we will also collect contact information from each visitor, in the event that we need to contact you later because of any potential exposure to the virus.
- Any individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e., fever equal to or greater than 100.0 F, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgia, chills or new onset of loss of taste or smell) will not be permitted to visit with a resident.
- Residents will continue to have a health screen every day, including taking a temp; If any resident is off baseline or not feeling well, we will ask you to reschedule your visit.
- A resident who is suspected or confirmed to be actively infected cannot be visited, although you may visit any resident who has recovered.
- Both residents, and visitors must wear a face mask for the duration of the visit.
- A visitor must remain at least six (6) feet from the resident and attending staff member(s) at all times during the visit.
- If any visitor develops COVID symptoms within 48 hours of their visit, they must report these symptoms to us immediately so that we can institute contact tracing measures.
- If during this new phase of inside visitation, a case of Covid-19 is detected among our residents or staff we will need to revert back to more restrictive visitation policies.
For now all visits, both inside and outside, will be limited to no more than one hour. When you sign up online, you will be able to specify if you would like the visit inside your loved one’s apartment or in our outdoor visiting space (weather permitting).
Everyone’s safety, including yours, your loved ones’ and our associates’, will remain our highest priority throughout these visits. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us!
Plan a Virtual or In-Person Tour of our Community
During these unprecedented times, we continue to work with families and our professional referral partners to accommodate seniors who have an immediate need for a more supportive living arrangement.