Connecting with Methuen-Area Veterans
At Methuen Village, we recognize and honor the bravery and sacrifice of veterans, and strive to maintain a community of support for these men and women who have served our country -- those who live with us and those who reside in our greater community.
Every veteran has a story to tell, and we encourage our residents and neighboring veterans to share their stories with us and with their peers through a variety of special programs, including:
- “Our Veterans, Our Heroes” Gallery - Methuen Village’s Wall of Honor, an ever-evolving installation within the community’s veterans room, features framed service photos of each veteran who resides at our community, artwork, a military library, and information on veterans services within the greater Methuen community.
- Veterans Aid & Attendance Education - The Department of Veterans Affairs provides an Aid and Attendance Pension to eligible wartime veterans and their surviving spouses which can help offset the expense of a senior living options, including assisted living. We offer a variety of education, from workshops and books to one-on-one consultation, to help families really understand this benefit, including a free benefit analysis to those who choose to move into our community.
- Monthly Networking and Support Group - A monthly social gathering for veterans living at Methuen Village, led by our local Director of Veterans Services
- Annual Veterans Day Pinning Ceremony - A special event to recognize and publicly acknowledge the military service and sacrifices made by our veterans and their family members
- Monthly Events for Methuen-Area Veterans - Always open to the public, these monthly events range from a seasonal BBQ to holiday brunch to Q&A with special guest speakers.
Share this page: