Family Visiting Guidelines at Heights Crossing
At Heights Crossing, families can visit with their loved ones inside the resident apartment during our set visiting hours. Because we cannot yet have family visits in our community common spaces, we have also created an outdoor visiting space which is sanitized between visits for families to meet in a safe, physically distant way. Compass families will meet in the front vestibule.
Visits must be scheduled in advance, so please call our main number (508-580-4300) to sign up for an outdoor visit or a visit in a resident’s apartment.
Please Note: Due to state-mandated travel restrictions, if you are traveling to MA from another state (except ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, NJ, and HI), you are asked to self-quarantine for a two-week period or produce a negative Covid test. More information can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
Current Visiting Hours:
- Monday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Tuesday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Wednesday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Thursday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Friday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Saturday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Sunday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
In order to keep them safe for everyone, we are asking that families please adhere to the following state-mandated guidelines:
- Visits need to be scheduled in advance.
- Guests will be escorted when they are inside the community; This also means that when you are ready to leave you will need to call our front desk and someone will meet you at your loved one’s apartment.
- Inside the community, all visits must take place inside the resident’s apartment. Compass families will be in the front vestibule.
- All family visitors will be screened for fever or respiratory symptoms.
- At your screening, we will also collect contact information from each visitor, in the event that we need to contact you later because of any potential exposure to the virus.
- Any individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e., fever equal to or greater than 100.0 F, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgia, chills or new onset of loss of taste or smell) will not be permitted to visit with a resident.
- Residents will continue to have a health screen every day, including taking a temp; If any resident is off baseline or not feeling well, we will ask you to reschedule your visit.
- A resident who is suspected or confirmed to be actively infected cannot be visited, although you may visit any resident who has recovered.
- Both residents, and visitors must wear a face mask for the duration of the visit.
- A visitor must remain at least six (6) feet from the resident and attending staff member(s) at all times during the visit.
- If any visitor develops COVID symptoms within 48 hours of their visit, they must report these symptoms to us immediately so that we can institute contact tracing measures.
For now all visits, both inside and outside, will be limited to no more than 30 minutes. When you schedule your visit, you will be able to specify if you would like to visit inside your loved one’s apartment or in our outdoor visiting space (weather permitting).
Everyone’s safety, including yours, your loved ones’ and our associates’, will remain our highest priority throughout these visits. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us!
Plan a Virtual or In-Person Tour of our Community
During these unprecedented times, we continue to work with families and our professional referral partners to accommodate seniors who have an immediate need for a more supportive living arrangement.
35 Christy’s Place Brockton, MA 02301
508.580.4300 | email@example.com