Memory Loss Guide for Families
What is Alzheimer’s and Dementia?
Want to know more about Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias? We answer your most frequently asked questions.
What Causes Dementia?
Most people have heard of Alzheimer’s. There are dozens of other diseases and conditions that can cause dementia.
Is it Time for Memory Care?
People with memory loss have specific care and support needs. Could a Memory Support community help?
Communicating with Someone with Dementia
Tips to help improve your communication and have an easier and more enjoyable time visiting loved ones with dementia.
When Should You Take the Keys Away?
Asking a loved one to stop driving can be one of the most stressful issues faced by families and caregivers.
Helpful Alzheimers Articles & Resources:
- Understanding an Alzheimer’s Diagnosis
- How Can I Help Someone with Dementia?
- SLR’s Guide to Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative
- The Importance of Research Participation
- Memory Banks: An Easy-to-Use Tool to Help with Memory Loss
- Alzheimer’s Challenging Behaviors
- Top 10 Communication Tips for Speaking with Someone with Dementia
This guide is updated often based on your input! Email us your suggestions.