Join the Nashoba Park Team!
Nashoba Park Assisted Living
Make a Real Difference in the Lives of Seniors…
At Nashoba Park, each associate is an integral part of the team, making a positive impact on the lives of our residents minute-to-minute and day-to-day. We believe that valued associates are the best associates and offer ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Whether you’re a resident care associate on the overnight shift, a concierge working with residents and families, or an energetic member of our dining team — We want what you want…
- A local, Massachusetts-based company
- Professional training opportunities
- Outstanding benefits
- Work-life balance
- Rewarding, home-like work environment
- A chance to create lasting relationships with residents
Want an incredibly rewarding career? Join our team!
Work alongside a team of caring and compassionate professionals. Enjoy an outstanding benefits package. Help make our residents’ twilight years their best years. Apply below!
Current Open Positions
Click an open position below for a full job description and to apply.
Shift 1: 7am-3pm (Part Time, Per Diem)
Shift 2: 3pm-11pm (Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem)
Shift 3: 11pm-7am (Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem)
You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, compassionate people committed to doing the very best they can to take care of seniors. Our Resident Care Associates are responsible for the delivery of quality care to Nashoba Park’s assisted living residents while encouraging independence and ensuring each resident’s physical, social, cultural, intellectual, and mental well being. Why work in Assisted Living? It is a pleasant working environment. We offer a homelike, residential setting. You will work with seniors who are frail and need personal care, but are not sick. You will have so many opportunities to participate in meaningful programs and to build close relationships with residents
WE OFFER EXCELLENT PAY, BENEFITS & WORK-LIFE BALANCE. Part-time, full-time, per diem, weekend schedules available. Competitive hourly pay with paid time off and paid holidays.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Direct personal care for seniors (Activities of Daily Living “ADLs” and Self-Administered Medication Management “SAMM”)
- Compliance, reporting and record keeping
- Assistance with social, wellness, art and fitness activity programming
- Reminding/escorting residents to activities
- Light housekeeping services
- Assistance with community special events
- Assistance with dining services, as needed
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), or Personal Care Associate (PCA)
- Experienced in senior care
- Compassionate, patient, committed to teamwork, dedicated, trustworthy, positive
- Fluent in English (read, write, speak and understand English)
- Able to handle physical requirements of the job (standing, sitting, bending, moving and transferring residents “one-person or two-person assist”)
Nashoba Park, an assisted living community in Ayer, is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that includes our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program! Nashoba Park enjoys an exceptional reputation among both families and professionals for providing quality care, creating innovative programs that enhance quality of life for residents and for maintaining the highest of industry standards. But it is our associates’ commitment to our “Right Values” philosophy that established and maintains this position of excellence, respect and trustworthiness in the senior housing industry. Working in the assisted living field requires compassion, integrity. Our most successful associates don’t view their role as just a job but as an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of seniors. Want an incredibly rewarding career? Join our team. Work alongside a team of caring and compassionate professionals. Enjoy an outstanding benefits package. Help make our residents’ twilight years the best years.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Dining Room Supervisor at Nashoba Park manages the delivery of dining services for all residents. You will oversee set-up for meals and special events, and ensure cleanliness and maintenance of the Dining Room to provide a gracious social dining experience for residents.
* Weekend and evening hours required.
REQUIREMENTS / WHAT WE EXPECT:
Compliance with all current safety and health guidance. A commitment to training and mentoring associates. A customer focused mindset that anticipates customer needs. An ability to maintain professional integrity. A passion for working with seniors.
This position requires 1+ year experience working in a restaurant or residence for older adults and a Food Safety Certification. Leadership, time management and excellent communication skills are a MUST!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in office administration, including payroll processing, billings and collections required
- Prior experience in benefits administration preferred
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy; persistent follow‐through skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and solve problems; willingness to contribute ideas to assist in process improvement
- Leadership skills with ability to work effectively with others and promote a culture of teamwork, cooperation, enthusiasm and customer service
- Manage the implementation of the EnrichedLIFE program objectives, policies and procedures
- Develop, schedule, organize, oversee and implement all programs for residents, customized to the resident population’s interests
- Plan regularly scheduled outings for residents; drive the van and/or car to take residents on shopping trips, to visit museums, restaurants, community events, etc
Create joint programs with local community resources
- Supervise and train programming assistants, Resident Care Associates and volunteers
- Assist with monthly newsletter, Facebook and community events
- Manage the department budget
- Serve as Manager on Duty, including rotating weekends
- 5+ years of senior healthcare experience; Professional licensure in related healthcare field preferred
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease, related dementias, and behavior management techniques, and a sincere desire to work with cognitively impaired residents
- Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) and Certified Alzheimer’s Association support group leader (if you don’t, we will offer the opportunity to get these certifications)
- A valid driver’s license and history of accident-free driving
- Teamwork: Promote a positive team spirit and a culture of cooperation, openness, enthusiasm, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth.
- Trustworthiness: Demonstrate an acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity with strong follow-through on commitments, inspiring the trust of others.
- Professionalism: Provide leadership; take the initiative, handle pressure and be level-headed in emergencies, treat others with respect, excel at project management.
- Communication: Interact clearly and effectively with an openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts; Demonstrate patience, tact, positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Technical Ability: You can’t be successful at this job if you are averse to technology! We use technology to do our jobs and communicate with residents, families and coworkers.
SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates’ ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- Experience in a similar role is preferred as well as a flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed are required.
- A desire to serve seniors and a dedication to improving their quality of life is required.
Nashoba Park, an assisted living community in Ayer, is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that includes our highly-regarded EnrichedLIFE Experiences and our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program.
Nashoba Park enjoys an exceptional reputation among both families and professionals for providing quality care, creating innovative programs that enhance quality of life for residents and for maintaining the highest of industry standards. But it is our associates’ commitment to our “Right Values” philosophy that established and maintains this position of excellence, respect and trustworthiness in the senior housing industry. Working in the assisted living field requires compassion, integrity. Our most successful associates don’t view their role as just a job but as an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of seniors.
Want an incredibly rewarding career? Join our team. Work alongside a team of caring and compassionate professionals. Enjoy an outstanding benefits package. Help make our residents’ twilight years the best years.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Wellness Nurse assists the Resident Care Director with managing, directing and developing a comprehensive care program for all residents of the community. The Wellness Nurse will also assist with the training and managing of our team of CNAs and serves as a liaison with family members, community agencies, physicians and care providers.
* The Wellness Nurse will also serve as “manager on duty” on a rotating weekend schedule
REQUIREMENTS / WHAT WE EXPECT:
A passion for working with seniors. A collaborative mindset that values teamwork. Excellent communication skills. A tech-forward approach to daily operations, especially in this “new normal”. An ability to maintain professional integrity and to build trust, especially in challenging situations.
This position requires a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse who is a graduate of an approved nursing program with valid Massachusetts nursing license or otherwise meets the requirements of EOEA Assisted Living regulations, or equivalent. Experience in a senior community environment and a means of transportation to complete assessments for new and returning residents is a MUST!