Concord Community Connections
Working together to Support Concord Area Seniors
Great communities have strong foundations. That’s why Concord Park is proud to operate where values such as respect, integrity, and support for neighbors are the cornerstones of the community. These same values are reflected in everything we do and we are proud to support like-minded organizations and businesses throughout our greater community including these local senior resources:
- Town of Concord
- Emerson Hospital
- Emerson Home Care
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- CareOne at Concord
- Newbury Court
- Veterans Services in Concord & Acton
- Liberty Alzheimer’s Partnership of Greater Concord
- The Commons at Lincoln
- The Councils on Aging in Concord, Sudbury, Bedford, Stow, Acton, Lincoln, Billerica, Carlisle and Maynard
We are also happy to have relationships with the following local attractions, farmers markets and places of worship:
In an effort to support our residents holistically, we partner with area medical providers who can bring their services directly to residents at Concord Park including physicians, VNA, PT, OT and more.
Physicians, PT and OT:
- Right at Home Home Care
- Deaconess Abundant Life Services
- Minuteman Senior Services
- Griswold Home Care
Counseling & Care:
Building Awareness and Understanding of Memory Loss and Dementia
We consider it our responsibility to be a conduit for learning, teaching and enrichment for everyone we come into contact with – our associates, residents, families and the general public. Therefore our passion for Alzheimer’s care has also included efforts to support those in our community who are living with dementia and their caregivers and to increase the public’s understanding of Alzheimer’s and to aid prevention through “brain healthy” nutrition through our public and professional education programs:
- We love bringing our Brain Healthy Cooking Presentation to local senior centers and councils on aging (it comes with a Mediterranean-style snack!) Please contact us if you would be interested in hosting an event.
- Concord Park is actively involved in SLR’s Dementia Friendly Communities initiative and offers several training classes and programs aimed at increasing general awareness of dementia and building empathy toward those living with it.
- We are working with area business and organizations to bring the educational opportunities of our Dementia Friendly Communities program to more people throughout our community and have proudly brought training workshops to: Nashoba Valley Medical, Lincoln Senior Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Associates of Walden Health and Rehab, and the staff of the Billerica Council on Aging. Additionally, we have expanded our public education offering by working with Emerson Health & Wellness Center to provide free classes to the community.
- We offer CEU courses for nurses and social workers on Understanding Dementia, Communicating with those with Dementia, and Nutrition and Cognitive Impairment. If you are interested in attending a CEU program or having us bring a course to you, email us.
- If you are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia we invite you to join with others who understand. Our monthly Caregivers Support Group is specifically geared towards those who care for loved ones with memory loss or related dementia. The Concord Caregiver Support Group group meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. If our group doesn’t fit your schedule, many of our sister communities across Massachusetts have monthly meetings as well, please check our schedule of Caregiver Support Groups.
- We are committed to supporting the innovative research efforts of the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center. If you are interested in participating in a clinical trial or research study, check out their current studies, or contact us and we’ll connect you with BUADC.