Public Education & Resources
Because Senior Living Residences has been at the forefront of innovative Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s care for over 30 years, we consider it our responsibility to educate our residents, their families and the general public on issues related to aging and wellness for seniors and their caregivers.
Public Education Programs for Seniors & Their Families
Our public education programs take a deep dive into topics important to seniors and their caregivers. Our team of experts present at our communities, local libraries, hospitals and senior centers.
- Paying for Assisted Living: Tools & Resources
- Understanding Assisted Living
- Understanding Memory Loss
- Understanding Dementia in the Real World
- Boosting Brain Health by Eating Well, and Brain Healthy Cooking For One
- Recognizing and Responding to Senior Bullying
- Participating in Alzheimer’s Research: the Benefits, the Latest Findings (Hosted presentations from the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center)
AgeRight Resource Guide for Seniors & Caregivers
AgeRight.org connects seniors, family members and caregivers with useful and sharable information related to aging. Expert guest bloggers write about health, wellness, nutrition, elder law and tips for reducing caregiver stress. The site also serves as a resource on dementia offering access to leading academic and clinical experts. Recognized as a top 10 national Alzheimer’s blog, AgeRight.org provides readers with a catalog of articles on Alzheimer’s research and treatment options.
Brain Healthy Cooking for Everyone
SLR’s leadership includes a commitment to promote Alzheimer’s prevention through brain healthy nutrition. Our research-based Brain Healthy Cooking Program has been so beneficial for residents in our communities, we share it with the general public in a variety of ways.
- Presentations and taste-testing events at our communities and in partnership with local senior centers and community continuing education programs
- Continuing education courses for healthcare professionals (CEU credits available)
- BrainHealthyCooking.com, our award-winning web site, features cooking tips and recipes
- Our blog, AgeRight.org, features news about the well-documented Mediterranean Diet and related scientific research into nutrition and cognitive health
Want to arrange a brain healthy cooking seminar for your organization or group? Email email@example.com
Dementia Friendly Communities
SLR has been at the forefront of building Dementia Friendly Communities in the US since 2014. We are passionate about spreading this worldwide movement and share the robust public education program we created.
- DFCommunities.org Resource Guide – A microsite dedicated to providing tools and materials to help cities, towns, companies and organizations become Dementia Friendly.
- The Dementia Experience – An interactive sensitivity training that builds empathy by having participants walk in the shoes of someone with dementia as they go through their daily life. We discuss how dementia, and the stigma associated with it, affects individuals, caregivers and society.
- Understanding Dementia in the Real World – A presentation that reviews common misconceptions of dementia, shares the facts about what dementia is and is not, and conducts role playing for participants to practice “dementia-friendly” communication skills.
Want to get involved in the Dementia Friendly Movement by using our materials? Contact us today!