Join the Forestdale Park Team!
Assisted Living & Compass Memory Support
Make a Real Difference in the Lives of Seniors…
At Forestdale Park, each associate is an integral part of the team, making a positive impact on the lives of our residents minute-to-minute and day-to-day. We believe that valued associates are the best associates and offer ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Whether you’re a resident care associate on the overnight shift, a concierge working with residents and families, or an energetic member of our dining team — We want what you want,
- A local, Massachusetts-based company
- Professional training opportunities
- Outstanding benefits
- Work-life balance
- Rewarding, home-like work environment
- A chance to create lasting relationships with residents
Can you picture yourself working here?
Make that picture a reality and apply to join our close-knit team. Check out our open positions below, and apply directly through the site!
Forestdale Park is just a short walk from the Malden Center MBTA stop on the orange line! Get Directions
Current Open Positions
Click an open position below for a full job description and to apply.
Malden, Massachusetts, United States · Forestdale Park
Resident Care Associate (CNA, HHA)
Learn more about our community here.
Don’t see a shift opening that matches your needs? We may have flexible hours and schedules available, which is great for students, mother’s hours, and retirees! Apply to find out more about our flexible schedules!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Spending quality time with seniors and providing direct personal care
- Joining or leading fun activities of your choice with the residents
- Tracking care and other tasks with our easy-to-use electronic health record system
- Light housekeeping services, with the support of the housekeeping team
- Assistance with dining services, as needed
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), strongly preferred
- Desire to work with seniors, required; Experience preferred but all necessary training is provided for associates
- Compassionate, patient, committed to teamwork, dedicated, trustworthy, positive attitude
- Competitive pay, generous paid time off, and holiday pay
- Referral bonus programs
- No more paper care plans! Chromebooks used in the community for all documentation needs
- Access your schedule, time off requests, and pay information from anywhere with our app-based payroll system
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programming for associates
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Match program
- A caring team that is focused on doing right by our residents and one another
To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!
Forestdale Park, an assisted living and memory support community in Malden, MA, is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that includes our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program! Forestdale Park enjoys an exceptional reputation among both families and professionals for providing quality care, creating innovative programs that enhance quality of life for residents and for maintaining the highest of industry standards. But it is our associates’ commitment to our “Right Values” philosophy that established and maintains this position of excellence, respect and trustworthiness in the senior housing industry. Working in the assisted living field requires compassion, integrity. Our most successful associates don’t view their role as just a job but as an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of seniors.
Want an incredibly rewarding career? Join our team. Work alongside a team of caring and compassionate professionals. Enjoy an outstanding benefits package. Help make our residents’ twilight years the best years.
At our community, the Front Desk Receptionist is the information center of our community, managing all phone calls, greeting visitors, providing community information, managing resident transportation and outing schedules, and assisting residents with all requests. In addition, the Front Desk Receptionist shall be responsible for administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Business Administration. This position requires superior people skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable to assist in emergency situations, and able to do so in a calm, competent and efficient manner
- Knowledge of general office equipment including telephone systems and printer/copier
- Basic computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, internet)