SLR’s Response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
Ensuring the health and well-being of our residents and employees is always our highest priority.
Senior Living Residences has activated a Response Readiness Action Plan, following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Because our resident population is more vulnerable than the general public, we have intensive measures in place with their well-being in mind.
Our universal infection control practices include:
- Daily monitoring of residents’ and associates’ health, particularly with respect to Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat
- Reinforcing proper hand washing, physical distancing and infection control training for all SLR employees
- Additional in-service training for all SLR associates on safe use of Universal Precaution and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Additional screening steps for new residents to ensure they have not been exposed to COVID-19 or visited affected areas
- Frequently disinfecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets and handrails with CDC approved antibacterial/germicidal cleaning materials
- Increased cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces
- Sourcing PPE (masks, gloves, goggles, gowns, booties) and cleaning supplies for the protection of associates and residents
We are continually monitoring and following guidance from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), and our local Boards of Health and State Departments of Public Health.
The global situation with COVID-19 is actively evolving and we will communicate any pertinent updates to you.
We anticipate that some seniors, especially those with dementia or those being discharged from a hospital or rehabilitation facility, will need urgent placement into our communities. We will work with healthcare professionals, families and potential residents to assist with a smooth move-in that follows our stringent health protocols.