Short-Term, Trial Stays and Respite Program in Assisted Living
Unlike most Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s care communities, we do not require a minimum stay length, making our Short-Term & Trial Stay option flexible and accommodating for your schedule.
Your loved one can experience all the benefits of residency without a long-term commitment – companionship, security, meals and personal care – while you experience peace of mind! Our assisted living communities eliminate isolation, improve nutrition and enhance overall well-being, especially helpful after a hospitalization, while our Compass Memory Support Neighborhoods® provide a calm, caring, secure environment and immersion in our innovative programming which actually treats the symptoms of memory loss.
Providing Solutions for Your Needs
- Giving primary caregivers a break – Families turn to us during vacations, business travel, when they winter in Florida and can’t be close by, or when caregivers simply need a rest. Just a short break from the everyday stresses of caregiving can make a world of difference, helping the caregiver recharge and return with renewed energy. Learn more about the importance of de-stressing!
- Transitioning after a hospitalization or rehab stay– Often reimbursement constraints dictate when seniors are discharged even when families and professionals feel they would benefit from further assistance and a secure environment with 24-hour awake staff. Seniors with increased disorientation and confusion as a result of a hospital stay, and those with memory loss, need even more support before returning home.
- “Testing” the experience of a new home – Some individuals simply want to determine if a Senior Living Residences’ community is the right fit for them before making a commitment to moving. They like the “no strings attached” option of trying out this new senior living option.
If you need a two-day break or your loved one needs a two-month recovery – a short-term or trial stay could be your solution.
What is Included:
- The highest quality service during your stay with us, based on a customized Wellness Care Plan for your loved one’s personal needs and preferences
- A fully furnished apartment with a 24-hour emergency response system
- Medication reminders and personal care assistance with dressing, bathing, evening care, and more
- Responsive 24-hour awake staff and overnight safety checks, as needed
- Two to three meals daily with menu choices from our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program, served restaurant-style in our Dining Room, or with tray service to your loved one’s apartment when he or she isn’t feeling well
- Weekly housekeeping, daily bed making, and laundry services
- Access to all of our community’s amenities and EnrichedLIFE programs encompassing social, cultural, educational and wellness activities
- Access to all of our Compass Memory Support treatment programming, as needed. Learn more about Compass Memory Support
Enhanced services following a hospitalization or rehab stay:
Our communities may be the perfect next step to receive needed extra care and support before returning home to live independently. This added support is often the key to ensuring your loved one won’t end up back in the hospital or rehab facility.
We offer a holistic approach to sub-acute rehabilitation – personal care, rehabilitation, a brain healthy diet, and socialization are all right here, without the look and feel of a medical setting. Our Resident Care Director develops a customized Wellness Care Plan for your loved one, that can include physical, occupational, or speech rehab services provided by local VNA services.
We can coordinate for you:
- Wellness oversight and coordination of follow up care, including outstanding tests, discharge notes and post discharge physician visits
- Improved patient education on diagnoses
- In-house therapy and skilled care services paid by Medicare
- Complex cases with VNA services, such as oxygen and postsurgical wound care
- Medication reconciliation and comprehensive medication management
- Personal care support and immediate response to “unscheduled” needs