National Poll Finds Seniors in Assisted Living Feel Overwhelmingly Satisfied and Safe in Their Community
[Boston, MA] – Seniors in assisted living overwhelmingly feel safe in, and satisfied with, the communities in which they live, according to a new poll. The nationwide survey of seniors currently living in assisted living communities found that fully 93% feel satisfied with their community, including 68% who say they are “very satisfied.” The survey also found residents almost unanimously feel safe in their communities, with 99% of respondents reporting they feel safe.
“This national research confirms what we are seeing every day, locally in our communities. Our own internal customer satisfaction surveys show similar results,” says Robert Larkin, President of Senior Living Residences. “Resident quality of life is our number one priority – and that’s not lip service. Our associates and caregiving team live and breathe this value every day. Our residents are happy. They thrive in our assisted living communities where they feel safer, less stressed and enlivened with the experiences they are offered through our innovative assisted living programs like EnrichedLIFE, the Knowledge Connection and Brain Healthy Cooking, and specialized Compass Memory Support treatment programs, including art, photography, music and adult learning.”
The survey of 500 seniors living in assisted living communities found widespread satisfaction for almost every aspect of life in their communities.
- 94% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with their overall quality of life in their assisted living community.
- 93% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with the level of personal independence they enjoy in their community.
- 93% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with the level of personal attention paid to them by staff.
- 90% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with the overall quality of care they receive.
- 87% of assisted living residents say the workers in their community are well trained and well qualified to do their job.
- 86% of assisted living residents say the workers in their community “care about me as a person.”
By an 8-1 margin, assisted living residents agree with the following statement: “Assisted living communities are an excellent choice for seniors who want to live active, independent lives, but may just need a little help now and then. Assisted living communities have a professional and caring staff that provides a safe ʻhome away from homeʼ for residents. There are ample rules and regulations in lace to ensure residents remain safe and are well taken are of. Residents living in assisted living communities enjoy a healthy and high quality of life.”
The survey of 500 residents living in assisted living communities was taken between July 15-18, 2013 and has a margin of error of +/- 4.38%. The survey was conducted jointly by Public Opinion Strategies and Frederick Polls.