updated January 2022
SLR’s Universal Infection Control Practices
Ensuring the health and well-being of our residents and employees continues to be our highest priority.
Our Response Readiness Action Plan, which was activated at the start of the pandemic following expert public health guidelines, is still in place. These universal infection control practices will continue until it is absolutely safe to discontinue them – from social distancing and mask wearing to our own robust safety protocols, including screening, testing and sanitizing.
Our universal infection control practices include:
- Daily Covid health screen for all residents and associates health, including temperature taking
- Consistent reinforcement of proper hand washing, physical distancing and mask wearing, when appropriate
- Intensive ongoing Universal Precaution (infection control) training for all SLR employees, including safe use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Enhanced health assessment for new residents moving into our communities
- Frequent disinfection of high-touch areas – doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets and handrails – with CDC approved antibacterial/germicidal cleaning materials
- Frequent deep cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces
- PPE (masks, gloves, goggles, gowns, booties) and cleaning supplies for the protection of associates and residents
SLR is committed to timely public communication of any pertinent updates and changes in our protocols, as we continually monitor and follow guidance from our local Boards of Health, State Departments of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).