Boost Your Brain Health by Eating Well over the Holidays
Register for a session below!
For your convenience, this LIVE Zoom presentation will be offered at three times:
Facilitated by Maryellen King from Concord Park and Lance Chapman from Goddard House
Facilitated by Julie Waniewski from Armbrook Village and Pam Annunziata from The Cambridge Homes
Facilitated by Leeanne Venuti from Heights Crossing and Katrina June from Cornerstone at Hampton
Tuesday, November 9th
A virtual course, presented by the Training Team at Senior Living Residences
We believe the holidays can be both delicious and nutritious! Join us and learn some helpful tips and easy-to-follow recipes to help you incorporate some brain healthy foods of the Mediterranean Diet into your holiday meals.
There is no question that eating a diet rich in brain healthy foods can benefit people at any and every age. It reduces inflammation, regulates blood sugar, promotes heart health and scientists are now finding it may have an effect on delaying the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
Through this presentation, participants will learn:
- The connections between diet & cognitive health
- How diet is related to the top risk factors for Alzheimer’s
- The brain boosting effects of the Mediterranean diet
- Brain Healthy eating (and cooking) at home
- Better ingredient choices – brain healthy food substitutions
- How herbs & spices contribute to brain health
- The effects of Omega-3 on the body
- The scientific truth behind those popular media stories boasting the benefits of foods including chocolate, coffee and coconut oil