Register for a session below!
For your convenience, this LIVE Zoom presentation will be offered at three times:
Facilitation by Maryellen King from Concord & Nashoba Park and Lance Chapman from Goddard House
Facilitated by Olivia Korpi from Cornerstone at Hampton & Michelle Hamilton from Cornerstone at Milford
Facilitated by Julie Waniewski at Armbrook Village and Christine Lappas from Senior Living Residences
Covid-19 & Senior Adults:
Thursday, January 14th, 2021
A virtual continuing education course, presented by the Training Team at Senior Living Residences
This presentation will delve into the many symptoms of Covid-19, including those that appear more often within the senior population.
Through this presentation, participants will:
- Discuss the diagnosis of seniors in the early stages of the pandemic and what we have since learned.
- Examine the deterioration of cognition and what impact loneliness and isolation have had on seniors, especially those living with dementia.
- Learn the many residual effects (physical, cognitive, emotional and spiritual) that Covid-19 has had on our senior population.
- Construct new practices to combat isolation for future surges in the virus
- Be able to share their personal experiences and discuss strategies they can use to battle isolation and loneliness in their communities.