Keeping Seniors Independent For As Long As Possible
In our Assisted Living communities, seniors enjoy the independence and privacy of their own apartment home while benefiting from living in a community offering security, companionship, recreation and entertainment, and a wide array of supportive services, including personal care and medication management. Assisted living residents retain their independence, make their own decisions concerning their care, meet new friends, and continue to pursue their personal interests and hobbies. Their adult children are relieved not to have to worry about their safety and emotional and physical well-being.
The Right Combination Of Services
At each Senior Living Residences' community the Resident Care Director meets with every resident and his or her family to develop an individualized care plan which details personal care and medication management services. This ensures a smooth and healthy transition to the senior’s new home. We follow up within 30 days to make sure we are meeting the resident’s needs and continue to regularly review the plan to help determine appropriate care and services. Our focus is on providing care while preserving each resident’s dignity, encouraging independence, and best enabling freedom of choice. We also value family input and stay closely in touch with adult children.
Helping Seniors Stay Sharp, Social and Independent
The Assisted Living option at Senior Living Residences' communities is perfect for seniors who want independence, maintenance-free living, an active social life, and a helping hand with some daily needs such as personal care and managing medications. Picture this…Your own apartment furnished just the way you want it, with all the privacy you want, with wellness services, a restaurant, intellectually stimulating programs, and private van transportation right outside your door!
Studio and One Bedroom Apartments Feature
- Your choice of a variety of layouts and locations
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
- Bathroom with walk-in shower
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Individually controlled heating and cooling system
- Emergency Response System
- Pre-wiring for cable TV, internet and phone
- Apartment maintenance and utilities
Enjoy regular fine-dining experiences featuring menu variety and fresh healthy foods, served restaurant-style every day. Each SLR community has its own unique dining program run by an experienced Executive Chef that is based on the desires and specific tastes of the residents in that community. An added bonus is our emphasis on incorporating delicious taste-tested brain healthy recipes into our menu choices. Our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program is based on the latest research into the importance of diet in boosting brain health.
SLR communities also provide catering for special dinners and celebrations with your family and friends in the community's private dining room.
Our Limo Buses will get you where you want to go. Residents and families tell us that access to transportation is one of the amenities they appreciate most.
- Sightseeing tours
- Cultural events
- Dining out
- Shopping excursions
- And much more!
Recreation & Relaxation
Living in an SLR Assisted Living community guarantees that you will have ample opportunities to pursue some quality "me" time. We are sure you'll find something you like to do, whether it be yoga or a slow stretch class, walking club, planting in our community garden, or getting pampered at one of our full-service salons.
Entertainment & Enrichment
Each SLR community offers a variety of EnrichedLIFE experiences and adventures. From art and music to adult education to outdoor pursuits, the possibilities are endless. Each of our buildings was designed to enhance our programs and encourage social gatherings.
Wellness & Supportive Services
Residents can expect exceptional service from compassionate and dedicated professionals guided by Senior Living Residence's “Right Values” philosophy which places resident quality of life as our number one priority.
These services are included within your monthly fee:
- Certified Resident Care Associates available 24 hours a day
- Customized Wellness Care Plan tailored to meet your individual personal care needs
- Wellness oversight by our Community Nurse
- Semi-Annual Health Assessments
- Personal care assistance with daily living activities, including dressing, bathing, evening care, and escorting to meals and activities
- Assistance arranging transportation to local medical appointments
- Daily bed making and trash removal
- Weekly linen service
- Weekly housekeeping
We offer an array of additional services and amenities at our communities that may be available for an additional fee:
- Medication Management Program providing reminders and documentation
- Medication delivery from the pharmacy of your choice
- Personal laundry service and additional housekeeping as requested
- Guest meals and catering for special occasion family dinners and parties in our private dining room
- Our full service salon offers cut, color, styling and manicures, as well as barber services for men, managed by professional hair stylists and beauticians
- Private telephone, cable TV and internet service
- Other convenient services can be arranged, such as dry cleaning and newspaper delivery
Local Healthcare Providers On-Site
We welcome and work with all local healthcare professionals and agencies to offer you an added layer of wellness and healthcare services, which can often be conveniently delivered to you in the privacy of your own apartment. We also encourage you to maintain your relationships with your own physicians and we will help to arrange transportation to your doctors' visits.
We have strong relationships with a variety of local healthcare providers who visit residents regularly, including:
- Local Physicians and Nurse Practitioners who conduct on-site "house calls"
- Temporary Agency Skilled Nursing (VNAs) which can provide all sorts of medical care on-site such as post-surgical wound care
- Podiatry, and Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
Please contact the community's Executive Director for a list of local providers.
Research shows that up to 30% of hospitalizations among older adults can be attributed to medication mismanagement and 88% of the adverse reactions are preventable. Too often older Americans are taking multiple medications from different doctors without coordination, putting them at risk of medication-related problems that can worsen diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
Senior Living Residences' Medication Assessment Program, which is an option offered to you prior to moving into a community, helps to combat this common problem by conducting a complete medication review. An experienced clinical pharmacist can meet with you and conduct a thorough evaluation of your medications - both prescription and over-the-counter. The pharmacist's summary report, that you can share with your physicians, includes your personalized medication chart, identifies potential medication conflicts and related safety risks, identifies other possible medication-related issues, and suggests questions that you may want to pose to physicians.
Paying for Assisted Living
Senior Living Residences communities are monthly rentals offering a range of accommodations and service packages to meet your individual needs and preferences. Specific monthly apartment rates are based on the apartment type and size, as well as the service options you choose.
Unlike many other assisted living communities, our care package prices are all-inclusive, ensuring that there will be no surprises on your monthly bill.
We know that you may have concerns about finances. As a start, our website has an overview of some of the financial options available to help pay for assisted living costs.