Specialized Assisted Living for those with Mild Cognitive Impairment or Early Memory Loss
Not everyone who exhibits signs of memory loss will end up with Alzheimer’s or dementia, but when these symptoms exceed the occasional word-finding trouble or forgetfulness of normal aging, it can seriously impact one’s daily life. Seniors who are starting to exhibit a noticeable decline in cognitive abilities, often referred to as Mild Cognitive Impairment or "MCI", often pull back from engaging in social activities, can often become very isolated living at home alone, and tend to self-isolate even when living within a traditional assisted living community.
Our Compass ConnectedLIFE, an "open campus" memory support option, is specifically designed for residents with early symptoms of memory loss with the goal of maintaining independence. Residents in this program benefit from additional support services and innovative treatment programming, a meaningful daily calendar of social and educationally-based immersive activities designed to strengthen their self-esteem and encourage independence. Being a part of an intimate group experiencing similar cognitive impairments provides reassurance and meaningful opportunities for socialization. Within this group there is compassion, patience and encouragement, as they understand each other’s struggles.
Unlike our secured Compass Memory Support Neighborhoods, residents in the Compass ConnectedLIFE program live in private apartments within a traditional assisted living neighborhood. Residents are fully integrated within the community, accessing all of its amenities, having their meals in the main dining room, and participating in joint programming with other residents. All Compass residents also benefit from our strategic affiliation with Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
Compass ConnectedLIFE Assisted Living Includes:
Compass ConnectedLIFE Residents Live Independently in their own Apartment within our Assisted Living community
- Your choice of a studior or 1BR apartment with a variety of layouts and locations
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
- Bathroom with walk-in shower
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Individually controlled heating and cooling system
- Emergency Response System
- Pre-wiring for cableTV, internet and phone
- Apartment maintenance and utilities
In combination, the evidence-based programs that are a part of Compass ConnectedLIFE work to treat the symptoms of Mild Cognitive Impairment and potentially slow their progression.
- Award-Winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program
- Compass ConnectedLIFE specialized programming morning through the evening hours with an intimate peer group including
- Resident Lifetime Achievement Award Program
- Programs to reduce hospitalizations and the use of antipsychotic medications
Full-Service Dining and Brain Healthy Menu Sections
You will enjoy three meals a day in the company of your peers in the Compass ConnectedLIFE program, as well as new friends within our Assisted Living community, for a fine-dining experience featuring menu variety, fresh healthy foods, and an Executive Chef with years of culinary experience who prepares your meals. An added bonus is our emphasis on incorporating delicious taste-tested brain healthy recipes into our menu choices. Our award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program is largely based on the well-documented Mediterranean diet which research has proven to boost brain health.
We will also provide catering for special dinners and celebrations with your family and friends in our private dining room.
Wellness and Supportive Services
The Right Services to Promote Independence
You can expect exceptional service from compassionate and dedicated professionals guided by Senior Living Residence's “Right Values” philosophy which places resident quality of life as our number one priority.
These services are included within your monthly fee:
- Certified Resident Care Associates available 24 hours a day (all of our associates are trained in memory care)
- Personalized Wellness Care Plan, developed with family and physician involvement, is monitored and revised to meet the changing needs of individuals with memory impairment or related cognitive issues
- Wellness oversight by our Community Nurse and semi-annual health assessments
- Personal care assistance with daily living activities, including dressing, bathing, evening care and escorting to meals and activities
- Assistance arranging transportation to local medical appointments
- Self-Administered Medication Management Service with medication delivery from the pharmacy of your choice
- Daily bed making and trash removal
- Weekly linen service
- Weekly housekeeping
In addition, residents in our Compass ConnectedLIFE program receive:
- Structured Compass ConnectedLIFE programming mid-morning through the evening hours, designed for individuals with early dementia and Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Full-time Compass ConnectedLIFE Program Specialist (a Certified Dementia Practitioner)
- In addition to the assessment for a daily service plan, an additional Assessment for Social Intervention
- Twice the level of personal care that Assisted Living residents receive
- A dedicated Resident Care Associate provides residents with additional support throughout the day, as well as gentle reminders at mealtimes and to attend programs
- Monitoring of each resident's emotional and physical well-being by trained staff
We offer an array of additional services and amenities for an additional fee
- Personal laundry services and additional housekeeping as requested
- Additional meals for guests
- Catering for special occasion family dinners and parties in our private dining room
- Most of our communities offer a full service salon for cuts, color, styling and manicures, as well as barber services for men, managed by professional hair stylists and beauticians
- Private telephone, cable TV and internet service
- Other convenient services can be arranged, such as dry cleaning and newspaper delivery
When you visit please ask our Executive Director about other available services.
Supervised Outings in our Limo Bus
For people with early memory loss staying connected to the world is vitally important. That's why your loved one will enjoy regular outings - both stimulating and relaxing - courtesy of our Community Van.
- Sightseeing tours
- Trips to local parks for picnics and walks
- Dining and shopping excursions
- And more!
Residents and families of our communities tell us that access to transportation is one of the amenities they like best.